Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Those Happy Times



6 a.m. my cell phone starts vibrating, telling me it's time to get up. "Just a few more minutes!!" I thought to myself, and setting my alarm for an additional 30 minutes.

Eventually, I did get rolling. At 7:45 my husband went to work, and I began thinking about the homework I should work on since the baby was still asleep. I picked up an orange to take to my desk. Then I heard it, the soft cry of my daughter waking up. "I called it!" I thought to myself as I noisily walked down the stairs.

Bath, clothes, and hair combed, I looked at my 18-month-old daughter as she stuffed her hands into her jean pockets and rocked back and forth in her pink boots. She was so cute! 

So I grabbed my camera, I just couldn't resist! 

Life is often hard, and being a mom isn't always fun. You don't get paid, you clean up yucky messes, and you are rarely thanked for all the work you do. But when those little arms reach around your neck and hug you for all she's worth, then you know: this is what its all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment