Thursday, February 26, 2009

Precious nap time

After a busy morning of work or classes, I come home for lunch to the sweet sound "Mommy" coming from my precious baby. Jogging over to me in her bouncy way, she grunts, "Up!" After which, she sticks her right hand's middle two fingers in her mouth, and left hand down the top of my blouse. 

After the sense of comfort is achieved, Dixie settles in for a good cuddle, during which, she often falls asleep. 

Normally I spend a good five to ten minutes cuddling and holding and kissing her head and face before laying her down in bed.

Looking down at her, I praise God for her, and think how precious she is to me. Unless she wakes up... At which point I sometimes become grumpy at having to repeat the process, because let's face it, putting her down for a nap or going to sleep isn't always as easy as simply cuddling her to sleep, and after she has woken up realizing my intent to lay her down, it is not as easy the second time. 

But when she does fall asleep, and I lay her down successfully, I steal away for much-needed quiet time, with no distractions. 

I've reached a conclusion that I really can't complain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment