Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Making a Canopy for your Toddler

We moved into a house not too long ago and we are still unpacking. This afternoon, after completely reorganizing my toddlers closet and dresser, I happened upon two, sheer pink curtains with sequins that used to hang over a heavier cotton curtain at our apartment. 

We don't have the double curtain rods needed to make the layered look work, so instead of packing the curtains away, I decided to put them to a different use.

I found a wire hanger and after un-hinging it, I smoothed out all the rough edges, making two loops at each end. Then, I found thread and a push-pin, measured out two identical lengths of thread, tied them together, and hung it up! 

Wallah! Upon showing my daughter, she immediately gave a slight tug, causing one string to snap. Unfortunately, I don't have anything stronger to fix it with right now, but I have some ideas, and I am going to head to the nearest craft store to find a solution. I also want something a little sturdier than a push-pin holding the canopy to the ceiling, so when I have everything figured out, I will post back.

If you have any ideas, leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment